- Scope of work: Full Design, Site Supervision
- Location: Orabi, Egypt
- Site Area: 5,000m²
- Number of stories: 2 Stories
- Total built area: 1,100m²
The house located inside Orabi society near the Cairo – Ismailia desert road, and consists of 2 stories:
Ground and first of 1000 m2, plus green area, and open spaces of 5000 m2.
The Design Concept:-
The house is distinguished by its merged Fabric, different form and direction of each space.
The northern direction towards the main entrance of the house provides a separation wall of plantation between the entrance courtyard, and the house garden.
The house consists of:-
The ground floor which has the reception area which was oriented towards the north where’s the heart of the house (main garden), while services were gathered in the south of the building.
The first floor which has the main activities of the inhabitants (living, bedrooms) which were oriented towards the north.
The Following targets were fulfilled through the design phase:
- Dragging the natural elements inside the house by rarefaction of the mass boundaries.
- Each space has it’s orientation to achieve an optimum view to the garden.
- Creating a crack in the front form to ease reaching the garden.
- Achieving a welcoming entrance plaza through the masses arrangement (providing enclosure) in addition to the use of plant elements.
- The oriented “wall idea around the house garden gives privacy to it.
- Connecting the prayer room (on the first floor) with an open terrace helps motivate inspiration.
- Utilizing the staircase element as a landmark for the house.
- Separating the service area in a far location assures maximum privacy for the inhabitants.